Dental Bridge in Houston, TX
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Our experts may suggest a dental bridge for patients in the Houston, TX, area who have missing teeth or have one that is severely decayed or broken.
What Is A Dental Bridge?
A Dental bridge fills in the spaces in your mouth where teeth are missing and protect overall jaw alignment. The bridge supports each side of the tooth that is missing and is a permanent solution to correct missing teeth and giving you the smile you always wanted.
Types of Dental Bridges
Your qualified dentist will help you decide on the most appropriate bridge for you.
- Traditional Bridges: These bridges remain the most common and are often applied if you have natural teeth that are surrounding your missing tooth. Traditional bridges can be made of porcelain, metal, or ceramics. These bridges are known as fixed bridges since they cannot be removed.
- Implant Bridges: These bridges are placed surgically into the jawbone and are often used when many surrounding teeth are missing.
- Cantilever Bridges: These bridges are applied when there are healthy teeth on only one side of the missing tooth. These bridges are known as fixed bridges since they cannot be removed.
- Resin-bonded Bridges: These bridges, known as “Maryland” bridges are often used for the front of the mouth. During this procedure, the artificial tooth is fused together to metal, porcelain, or plastic and bonded to your natural teeth. These bridges are known as fixed bridges since they cannot be removed.
- Partial Dentures: These removable bridges are applied when one or two natural teeth remain in the upper or lower jaw. During the procedure, crowns are applied on both sides of the missing tooth, and an artificial tooth is attached. These partial dentures fill in spaces of teeth and keep natural teeth correctly in place.
What Is the Procedure for Dental Bridges?
The procedure to get dental bridges usually takes two office visits. First, the dentist will remove some of the enamel from the surrounding teeth to make space for the crown to fit over the area. Next, a mold of this portion of your teeth will be taken and sent to a laboratory to make the bridge, pontic, and crowns. A temporary bridge will then be placed on the area for protection.
During the second office visit, your dentist will remove the temporary bridge and replace it with the permanent porcelain, metal, and/or plastic bridge. Some final sculpting and shaping adjustments may be necessary for the proper fit of the dental bridges.
Preparing for Dental Bridges
Your dentist can first evaluate your teeth and the surrounding tissues with a consultation and x-rays in order to determine whether a dental bridge may be the right choice for you. Once dental bridges are decided, you will determine, along with your dentist, which materials will be used for your specific type of bridge.
Maintenance of Dental Bridges
You will want to take care in maintaining your dental bridges, as they are permanent and can last up to ten years. Follow your dentist’s advice on maintaining your bridges for longevity. Practicing good oral hygiene, including twice daily brushing and flossing, remains key. Your dentist might show you how to use a special floss, which allows you to prevent and get rid of bacteria and plaque around the bridge area
How Much Do Dental Bridges Cost?
We are committed to providing quality, affordable care for you and your family. We offer a variety of payment options and accept most insurance plans. We also accept government assistance programs. Please visit our financing page for to find the best option for your situation.
Why Choose Summit Dental Center™?
Known as a “great dentist for kids,” Summit Dental Center™ has a reputation for providing a family friendly atmosphere and positive dental experience.
- Uses a gentle touch to help put nervous and fearful patients at ease
- Bright and clean play area for children and gift bags – everyone loves gift bags!
- Offers ClearCorrect™ as an alternative to Invisalign®
- Quality care at affordable rates
- 7 convenient locations with flexible evening and weekend hours
What to Expect During Your Consultation
- All new patients receive a free initial consultation
- Your initial visit consists of x-rays, examination, and consultation
- Treatment options are discussed before any service is performed
- We make quality dental care easy and affordable
With seven convenient locations throughout the Houston area, we offer both extended and weekend hours to our patients. We are dedicated to providing quality dental service, so please contact us today to schedule your appointment and ask about our free consultations!
What our patients have to say about Summit Dental Center
I really enjoy taking my kids to summit dental the staff there is very friendly and helpful. Dentist Nguyen is a very outstanding and professional person he is awesome with making my kids calm during any type of checkup or work. I love for my kids to feel comfortable and I love to walk in a place where they love their job and not just there for a paycheck.