Composite Fillings in Houston, TX
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Our experts provide composite (tooth colored) fillings for patients in Houston, TX, who need to repair a tooth that is affected by decay, cracks, or fractures.
What Is a Composite Filling?
If you require a dental procedure to repair a decayed, chipped, broken, or fractured tooth, you may want to consider composite fillings. A composite filling is a tooth-colored plastic and glass mixture used to restore decayed teeth. Many people prefer composite fillings made of plastic silicon-dioxide material because they blend in perfectly with their natural teeth.
Here are two types of composite fillings:
- A Direct Composite Filling or Bonding: A dentist can repair a tooth by applying a tooth-colored resin to the area and then using a special light to set the material in place.
- An Indirect Composite or Porcelain Inlay: These fillings are usually for teeth in the back of the mouth, and the procedure often takes two office visits. First, the white filling is pre-fabricated in a lab to ensure strength and durability. Then, the porcelain inlay is placed into position in the mouth during the dental procedure.
Benefits of Composite Fillings
The benefits of composite fillings include:
- Aesthetics – Unlike metal or amalgam (silver) fillings, composite fillings look like a natural tooth. Composites can be shaped to resemble a real tooth.
- Support – Composite fillings bond with the tooth, offering support to a tooth weakened by decay.
- Thermal Stresses – The insulating qualities of composite fillings offer more protection from destructive temperature swings.
- Durable – Composite fillings are durable and resistant to fracture in small- to mid-size fillings.
- Versatile – In addition to filling cavities, the composite material can repair chipped, broken, or worn teeth.
Why Choose Composite Fillings?
People often prefer composite fillings that appear as natural teeth, instead of silver or metal fillings. In addition, composite fillings typically last longer and look more aesthetically pleasing. At Summit Dental Center™, our trained dentists will expertly match your composite filling to your regular teeth, giving you that natural outcome you desire.
Preparing for Composite Fillings
Your dentist can first help you assess your dental concerns with a consultation and x-rays, in order to discuss whether bonding and composite fillings may be the right choice for you. Evaluating your teeth and the surrounding tissues will help determine whether this procedure or another restorative dentistry procedure is best suited for your individual needs.
Maintenance of Composite Fillings
You will want to take care in maintaining your composite fillings. Practicing good oral hygiene, including daily brushing and flossing, remains key. A well-balanced diet, as well as minimizing sugar intake, can prevent plaque buildup. Also, take care in biting hard objects that can chip or cause damage to your composite filling. Use a straw or minimize your coffee, tea, or red wine intake to prevent staining. Finally, contact your dentist if you feel strange when you bite down or notice any sharp edges. Depending on your oral habits, your composite filling can last anywhere from three to ten years before needing another repair or replacement.
How Much Does a Composite Filling Cost?
We are committed to providing quality, affordable care for you and your family. Our Houston Composite Fillings costs start at $130.00. Summit offers a variety of payment options and accept most insurance plans. We also accept government assistance programs. Please visit our financing page to find the best option for your situation.
Why Choose Summit Dental Center™?
Known as a “great dentist for kids,” Summit Dental Center™ has a reputation for providing a family friendly atmosphere and positive dental experience.
- We use a gentle touch to help put nervous and fearful patients at ease
- We have a bright and clean play area for children and gift bags – everyone loves gift bags!
- We offer ClearCorrect™ as an alternative to Invisalign®
- We provide quality care at affordable rates
- We have 7 convenient locations with flexible evening and weekend hours
What to Expect During Your Consultation
- All new patients receive a free initial consultation
- Your initial visit consists of x-rays, examination, and consultation
- Treatment options are discussed before any service is performed
- We make quality dental care easy and affordable
With seven convenient locations throughout the Houston area, we offer both extended and weekend hours to our patients. We are dedicated to providing quality dental service, so please contact us today to schedule your appointment and ask about our free consultations!
What our patients have to say about Summit Dental Center
They are all so nice and sympathetic when your in pain. They rushed me in for an extraction 1 hour before they closed even though the procedure lasted till after they closed. They ... More