Fluoride Treatment in Houston, TX
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Summit Dental Center provides fluoride treatments for patients in the Houston, TX, area who want to strengthen their smiles.
What Are Fluoride Treatments?
Fluoride is a natural occurring mineral found in foods and water. When acids due to sugars and plaque from bacteria attack the enamel of teeth, demineralization occurs.
When foods and water are ingested that contain fluoride, calcium, and phosphate, remineralization occurs to restore the enamel back to teeth. Fluoride treatments can be a solution if too much demineralization and not enough remineralization occurs. Fluoride treatments can prevent tooth decay from happening by helping weak enamel gain resistance to acids.
Types of Fluoride Treatments
- Fluoride can be found in a variety of nutritious foods and water
- Fluoride can be added to a variety of mouthwashes and toothpastes
- Stronger fluoride rinses can be prescribed by a dentist if necessary
- Stronger fluoride can be applied by your qualified dental care professional in a variety of ways at your annual checkup
- Fluoride supplements can be prescribed by your dentist or qualified doctor
Fluoride Treatment Benefits
Fluoride’s primary benefit is that it helps prevent tooth decay. The following groups all benefit from fluoride treatments:
- Children and teens whose permanent teeth are still developing are often the most important group who can benefit from fluoride
- People with cavities or gum disease who generally have a plaque buildup, either on their teeth and/or gums
- People who suffer from dry mouth conditions, which makes acids more resistant on teeth
- People with dental crowns or dental bridges, which make these teeth more susceptible to decay.
Are Fluoride Treatments Safe?
By having our experts as your main dentist and dental home, we can tell you how much fluoride treatment your child needs for the best protection.
When taken as directed by your dentist or qualified health care professional, fluoride treatments are safe and effective. When too much fluoride is taken, it may be hazardous to your health. This is particularly important for children and is advised that children under six years should not be given fluoride. When giving children toothpaste with fluoride, make sure only a pea-size of toothpaste is administered. In addition, put fluoride treatments away from children when storing.
How Much Do Fluoride Treatments Cost?
We are committed to providing quality, affordable care for you and your family. We offer a variety of payment options and accept most insurance plans. We also accept government assistance programs. Please visit our financing page for to find the best option for your situation.
Why Choose Summit Dental Center™?
Known as a “great dentist for kids,” Summit Dental Center™ has a reputation for providing a family friendly atmosphere and positive dental experience
- Uses a gentle touch to help put nervous and fearful patients at ease
- Bright and clean play area for children and gift bags – everyone loves gift bags!
- Offers ClearCorrect™ as an alternative to Invisalign®
- Quality care at affordable rates
- 7 convenient locations with flexible evening and weekend hours
What to Expect During Your Consultation
- All new patients receive a $25 initial consultation
- Your initial visit consists of x-rays, examination, and consultation
- Treatment options are discussed before any service is performed
- We make quality dental care easy and affordable
With seven convenient locations throughout the Houston area, we offer both extended and weekend hours to our patients. We are dedicated to providing quality dental service, so please contact us today to schedule your appointment!
What our patients have to say about Summit Dental Center
They are all so nice and sympathetic when your in pain. They rushed me in for an extraction 1 hour before they closed even though the procedure lasted till after they closed. They ... More