Gum Contouring in Houston, TX
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Do you have an uneven gum line? Known for providing affordable quality dental care around the surrounding Houston, TX, area, Summit Dental Center™ provides gum contouring to reshape receding gum lines for a more attractive smile.
What Is Gum Contouring?
Gum contouring, also known as a gingivectomy, restores and improves your smile by removing irregularities and asymmetry of your gum line. A “gummy” smile can happen when gums appear uneven or extend too far below the lip line. Known primarily as a cosmetic dental treatment, it can also be used to treat gum disease known as periodontitis, a condition that can damage the gum line, teeth, and bones.
Benefits of Gum Contouring
The benefits of gum contouring are highly advantageous, including: no surgery, no stitches, and a quicker healing time:
- Creates a more beautiful and youthful smile
- Shapes symmetrical, proportioned gums that properly frame your mouth
- Restores damaged teeth close to the gum line
- Prevents further gum disease from damaging gum tissue, teeth, and bones
- Provides easier maintenance for clean, healthy teeth and gums
How Is Gum Contouring Performed?
During the procedure, your periodontist or oral surgeon will numb the area by applying a local anesthetic to your gums. Your surgeon will then typically use a specific laser to remove and sculpt excess gum tissue. This is done by a variety of techniques dependent on your individual needs. Usually, this procedure can be done in one office visit.
Preparing for Gum Contouring
Your dentist can help you first assess your gum conditions and concerns in order to discuss whether this procedure might be right for you. A periodontist or oral surgeon can then help you prepare for your gum contouring procedure.
Gum Contouring Recovery
After your gum contouring surgery, you may experience some swelling in your gums, which should only last about a week. It is also best to eat softer foods and avoid spicy/hot foods immediately following the procedure for a few days. For pain, ibuprofen or other pain relievers can be taken. Also, be gentler than usual when brushing and flossing immediately following surgery.
How Much Does Gum Contouring Cost?
We are committed to providing quality, affordable care for you and your family. We offer a variety of payment options and accept most insurance plans including the following:
- Molina’s Health Insurance
- CHIP Children’s Medicaid
- StarDent: Foster Care Dental Services
- Texas Health Steps
We also accept government assistance programs. Please visit our financing page for to find the best option for your situation.
Why Choose Summit Dental Center™?
Known as a “great dentist for kids,” Summit Dental Center™ has a reputation for providing a family friendly atmosphere and positive dental experience.
- We use a gentle touch to help put nervous and fearful patients at ease
- We have a bright and clean play area for children and gift bags – everyone loves gift bags!
- We offer Clear Correct™ as an alternative to Invisalign®
- We provide quality care at affordable rates
- We have 7 convenient locations with flexible evening and weekend hours
What to Expect During Your Consultation
- All new patients receive a free initial consultation
- Your initial visit consists of x-rays, examination, and consultation
- Treatment options are discussed before any service is performed
- We make quality dental care easy and affordable
With seven convenient locations throughout the Houston area, we offer both extended and weekend hours to our patients. We are dedicated to providing quality dental service, so please contact us today to schedule your appointment and ask about our free consultations!
What our patients have to say about Summit Dental Center
They are all so nice and sympathetic when your in pain. They rushed me in for an extraction 1 hour before they closed even though the procedure lasted till after they closed. They ... More