This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
For over 20 years we have been treating kids, parents have trusted Summit Dental Center to provide dental care to their children. We take this responsibility very serious, are dentists are parents also and we believe in providing the best treatment possible with every child; because it’s what we would want for our children.
Regular checkups and exams are important. Most orthodontic treatment begins between the ages of 9 and 14. However, by age 7, most children have a mix of adult and baby teeth. We are experts in Pediatric Dentistry in Houston, TX, can spot subtle problems with jaw growth and emerging teeth while some baby teeth are still present. To schedule your child’s appointment call us at 713-425-0450
What Is Pediatric Dentistry?
Pediatric dentistry is the branch of dentistry dealing with children from birth through adolescence.
What Is a Pediatric Dentist?
A pediatric dentist has an extra two to three years of specialized training after dental school and is dedicated to the oral health of children from infancy through teenage years.
Benefits of Pediatric Dentistry
- Pediatric dentistry can help you avoid tooth decay in your child’s teeth
- Starting dental care early in life instills good dental habits in your child early
- Dental x-rays performed at a young age can warn you of problems before they start
- Strong, healthy teeth help children chew food more easily and speak more clearly
- Dental care early in life helps your child’s mouth develop correctly
- Nice teeth help your child feel good about their appearance, especially their smiles
What happens at a Pediatric Dental Appointment?
Just as you take your child to the pediatrician for health and wellness checkups, you should also be taking your child to a pedodontist or a pediatric dentist. Our team is trained especially in the treatment of children, and we provide an environment that is friendly and designed to make it a calm experience for your children. Going to the dentist doesn’t have to create negative memories, and we work hard to care for your child’s teeth, as well as their emotional well-being and comfort.
- Dental x-rays are performed quickly and carefully.
- Teeth and gums are examined gently.
- If dental work is necessary, parents are welcome in the procedure room if the child is more comfortable with you there. Sedation is available for the child if the dental work is complex.
- Procedures for taking care of teeth are taught to your child by the dentist and hygienists during the visit.
- Teeth can be sealed for protection against tooth decay.
- Children are taught how to floss and brush their teeth properly.
- Mouth problems such as canker sores are addressed.
- Inflammation of the gums happens in 40% of children; it is detected and treated.
- Oral habits like thumb or finger sucking are addressed.
- Preventative care options are discussed with you and your child during the visit.
Preparing for a Pediatric Dental Visit
If you are anxious, your child is likely to pick up on your anxiety and will feel the same as you do. Reassure your child that everyone goes to the dentist, and the dentist and all their helpers are very friendly and will help you take care of your teeth. There is a decorated playroom in the office featuring popular kid movies throughout the day to make them feel more at ease and comfortable.
Pediatric Dental Care Recovery
Summit Dental Center™ offers general sedation for pediatric patients, and if your child is sedated, they will be allowed to wake up gently with you at their side.
Aftercare instructions are explained to you both and you will have all the time you need to ask questions about what needs to be done at home, directly after the visit such as no food or drink for a certain amount of time, and so on.
How Much Does Pediatric Dentistry Cost?
Proper dental care is just as important as the rest of your child’s health and wellness. We offer a choice of payment options, and we accept most dental insurance plans. Our staff is trained in working with payment options for dental care and can assist you in making payment arrangements that best meet your needs. We accept these forms of payment:
- In House Payment Plan
- Arranged Payment Schedule
- Government Assistance
- Dental Health Insurance
- Major Credit Cards
If You are a New Cash Patient your child’s Initial Exam and X-rays are only $25
We want you to have the most options available when it comes to your child’s dental needs.
Is Pediatric Dentistry Right for My Child?
Pediatric dentistry is right for every child. Sadly, most children do not get dental care until a problem gets so bad that it is causing them pain. Good preventative care can help to eliminate the risk of tooth and mouth problems before they reach that stage. – Read More.
Why Choose Summit Dental Center™?
Known as a “great dentist for kids,” Summit Dental Center™ has a reputation for providing a family friendly atmosphere and positive dental experience.
- Uses a gentle touch to help put nervous and fearful patients at ease
- Bright and clean play area for children and gift bags – everyone loves gift bags!
- We offer in house payment plans and financing.
- Quality care at affordable rates
- 7 convenient locations with flexible evening and weekend hours
What to Expect During Your Consultation
- All new patients receive a $25 initial consultation
- Your initial visit consists of x-rays, examination, and consultation
- Treatment options are discussed before any service is performed
- We make quality dental care easy and affordable
With seven convenient locations throughout the Houston area, we offer both extended and weekend hours to our patients. We are dedicated to providing quality dental service, so please call us at 713-425-0450 or contact us today to schedule your appointment and ask about our free consultations!