Sedation Dentist in Houston, TX
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Finally, stress-free dentistry for you and your little ones! Summit Dental Center™ is proud to offer sedation dentistry to patients in Houston, TX, who suffer from severe dental anxiety.
What Is A Sedation Dentist?
Sedation dentistry uses pharmacological agents to relax the patient during a dental procedure. It allows the patient to go into the appointment with less anxiety and less fear. Summit specializes in all forms of sedation including IV Sedation.
What are the Benefits of Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry has grown popular for the past few years due to the numerous benefits it offers:
- Multiple procedures may be accomplished during one visit to the office, thereby reducing stress and anxiety to the patient.
- Sedation dentistry calms the central nervous system, thereby allowing the patient to achieve a level of relaxation that wouldn’t normally be attained while sitting in the dental chair.
- There is no additional out-of-pocket charge for pediatric patients with Texas Medicaid.
About the Sedation Dentistry Procedure
Once you have taken the oral sedative, and it begins to work, you will feel calmer and more relaxed. The dental assistant will be with you all the time and can provide a blanket if you’re cold, answer your questions, and ensure you are comfortable throughout the procedure.
Since you remain awake and alert, you will be able to answer any questions from the dentist. If at any time you begin to feel anxious, your dentist can administer additional sedation such as nitrous oxide. This way even if you have a longer procedure you will be relaxed throughout it.
Our patients who use sedation dentistry are always amazed by how well it works and how time goes by quickly. You will need a friend or family member to drive you home after your appointment, and the rest of the day, you should plan to relax.
Depending on the level of sedation preferred, we can work with the patient to find what would work best, whether it is inhaled, given orally or injected intravenously. Oftentimes we may be able to provide an oral medication that the patient can take prior to the appointment.
How Much Does Sedation Dentistry Cost?
Summit Dental Center™ offers a variety of payment options and accepts most insurance plans. We are committed to providing excellent and affordable care to you and your family. Our staff will be happy to work with you to make payment arrangements best suited to your budget.
Summit Dental Center™ accepts most PPO Dental Insurance plans. Please visit our financing page to find the best option for your situation.
Is Sedation Dentistry Right for Me or My Child?
Many of our patients have such a fear of coming to the dentist, they put it off for years and years, which can only lead to bigger problems. If your anxiety has prevented you from getting the necessary dental care, we would love to go over your options for sedation dentistry with you.
Why Choose Summit Dental Center™?
Known as a “great dentist for kids,” Summit Dental Center™ has a reputation for providing a family friendly atmosphere and positive dental experience.
- Uses a gentle touch to help put nervous and fearful patients at ease
- Bright and clean play area for children and gift bags – everyone loves gift bags!
- Offers ClearCorrect™ as an alternative to Invisalign®
- Offers general and IV sedation for pediatric patients
- Quality care at affordable rates
- 7 convenient locations with flexible evening and weekend hours
What to Expect During Your Consultation
- All new patients receive a $25 initial consultation
- Your initial visit consists of x-rays, examination, and consultation
- Treatment options are discussed before any service is performed
- We make quality dental care easy and affordable
With seven convenient locations throughout the Houston area, we offer both extended and weekend hours to our patients. We are dedicated to providing quality dental service, so please contact us today to schedule your appointment!
What our patients have to say about Summit Dental Center
They are all so nice and sympathetic when your in pain. They rushed me in for an extraction 1 hour before they closed even though the procedure lasted till after they closed. They ... More