This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Getting your annual, professional teeth cleaning from one of our experts in Houston, TX, is one of the best ways to protect your teeth against decay, damage or other related conditions.
What is Teeth Cleaning?
During a cleaning, your dentist or dental hygienist will use special instruments to deep clean your teeth, gums, and surrounding tissues. A professional cleaning is usually recommended twice a year, or more often if you have any conditions or diseases associated with dental problems.
Teeth Cleaning Tools
Here is a list of common teeth cleaning tools that are generally used on your annual visits:
- Ultrasonic cleaner is used to loosen and remove tartar and plaque from teeth and gums
- Water sprayer is used to rinse the mouth and remove tartar and plaque from teeth and gums
- Hand scraper is used to scrape off additional plaque on your teeth
- Rotary toothbrush is used to clean and polish your teeth along with a special toothpaste used in dental offices
- Floss is used for added prevention against bacteria in between teeth
- Fluoride treatment is used to strengthen tooth enamel. See fluoride treatment for more information.
What Happens During a Dental Cleaning?
During the cleaning, your hygienist or dentist will clean your teeth with special instruments (mentioned above) using the methods of tooth scaling, polishing, and debridement. These methods remove hardened plaque and tartar from your teeth and gums, in addition to preventing further cavities, gingivitis, and other periodontal problems.
How Should I Prepare For Teeth Cleaning?
Practicing good oral hygiene with twice daily brushing and flossing remains key. Also, make sure you bring up any dental concerns you are experiencing with your dentist. Through a comprehensive consultation and x-rays, your dentist will be able to diagnose and come up with the best solutions for your needs and desired outcomes.
How Much Does a Dental Cleaning Cost?
We are committed to providing quality, affordable care for you and your family.
Basic Teeth Cleaning Starting Cost is $96.00
Deep Cleaning (Scaling and root planing) Cost is $202.00 per quadrant
We offer a variety of payment options and accept most insurance plans. We also accept Medicaid and Chip. Please visit our financing page for to find the best option for your situation.
Why Choose Summit Dental Center™?
Known as a “great dentist for kids,” Summit Dental Center™ has a reputation for providing a family friendly atmosphere and positive dental experience
- Uses a gentle touch to help put nervous and fearful patients at ease
- Bright and clean play area for children and gift bags – everyone loves gift bags!
- Offers Invisalign™ to correct smiles
- Quality care at affordable rates
- 7 convenient locations with flexible evening and weekend hours
What to Expect During Your Consultation
- All new patients receive a $25 initial consultation
- Your initial visit consists of x-rays, examination, and consultation
- Treatment options are discussed before any service is performed
- We make quality dental care easy and affordable
With seven convenient locations throughout the Houston area, we offer both extended and weekend hours to our patients. We are dedicated to providing quality dental service, so please contact us today to schedule your appointment and ask about our free consultations!