This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Cracked or broken teeth can become decayed, and left untreated, can lead to infections, abscesses, and tooth loss. Our experts resolve these problems for patients in the Houston, TX, area with simple tooth restoration procedures.
What Is Tooth Restoration?
Tooth restoration is a branch of dentistry that repairs a damaged tooth and its surrounding tooth structure.
Types of Tooth Restoration Procedures
Direct tooth restoration places a filling immediately in the mouth. This procedure usually takes only one visit. Below is a list of direct tooth restoration procedures:
- Composite fillings
- Silver fillings
- Direct composite veneers
Indirect restorations are fabricated outside the mouth. The tooth is prepared, impressions are taken (unless CAD-CAM scanning is done) and sent to the lab, and a temporary restoration is placed. After fabrication, the restoration is then fitted to the tooth and cemented into place. Below is a list of indirect tooth restoration procedures:
Below are a few reasons you may need a tooth restoration treatment:
- Replaces missing teeth
- Closes gaps between teeth for alignment purposes
- Corrects crooked or displeasing shapes of teeth
- Protects damaged teeth from decay
- Prevents further tooth, gum, or tissue decay
- Corrects an improper bite
- Improves tooth enamel to lessen tooth sensitivity
- Supports a dental bridge
- Minimizes gum irritation
Preparing for Tooth Restoration Procedures
There are many choices and treatment plans in restorative dentistry for a variety of tooth, gum, and bone issues. Depending on your individual needs, our experts will evaluate your teeth and the surrounding tissues to find the procedure that is best for you.
Maintenance of Tooth Restoration Procedures
You will want to take care in maintaining your tooth restoration procedure.
- Practicing good oral hygiene, including daily brushing and flossing, remains key.
- A well-balanced diet, as well as minimizing sugar intake, can prevent plaque buildup.
- Take care in biting hard objects that might chip or cause tooth damage.
- Use a straw or minimize your coffee, tea, or red wine intake to prevent staining.
Finally, contact your dentist if you have tooth pain, feel strange when you bite down or notice any sharp edges. Depending on your oral habits, your tooth restoration procedure can be a long-term solution, often lasting from three to ten years.
How Much Does a Tooth Restoration Treatment Cost?
We are committed to providing quality, affordable care for you and your family. We offer a variety of payment options and accept most insurance plans. We also accept government assistance programs. Please visit our financing page for to find the best option for your situation.
Why Choose Summit Dental Center™?
Known as a “great dentist for kids,” Summit Dental Center™ has a reputation for providing a family friendly atmosphere and positive dental experience.
- Uses a gentle touch to help put nervous and fearful patients at ease
- Bright and clean play area for children and gift bags – everyone loves gift bags!
- Offers ClearCorrect™ as an alternative to Invisalign®
- Quality care at affordable rates
- 7 convenient locations with flexible evening and weekend hours
What to Expect During Your Consultation
- All new patients receive a $25 initial consultation
- Your initial visit consists of x-rays, examination, and consultation
- Treatment options are discussed before any service is performed
- We make quality dental care easy and affordable
With seven convenient locations throughout the Houston area, we offer both extended and weekend hours to our patients. We are dedicated to providing quality dental service, so please contact us today to schedule your appointment and ask about our free consultations!